The Hampshire, Southampton, Isle of Wight and Portsmouth vaccination programme wants to work with local communities to make sure that everyone has been able to make an informed choice about being vaccinated and are then able to easily go to a local service to receive a jab or get further information.
We know that for some communities being able to raise awareness about the vaccine in their own community using communications routes and materials designed by them for them is the most effective way to provide information and support.
We would like to invite community groups to apply for grants of up to £5,000 to develop and provide communications about the vaccination for their community.
The vaccination programme is focusing on areas with lower vaccine uptake rates so applicants need to be able to show how they can support people in the following communities:
- North and Mid Hampshire – wards close to Basingstoke town centre, Popley, Buckskin, Andover Test Valley
- Portsmouth – city centre / Somerstown / south west corner and Paulsgrove
- South West – Eastleigh, Romsey, Winchester
- South East – Gosport, Fareham (Stubbington), Havant
- People experiencing homelessness
- People who use substances or who have addictions
- Ethnic minority groups – Eastern Europeans, black African and Caribbean, Chinese and gypsy and traveller communities
- People with highest levels of need or who may be disadvantaged
- Younger people, generally in more deprived / disadvantaged areas and communities
- Pregnant people
- People with severe and enduing mental illness
- People with a learning disability
- Seasonal or Migrant workers
How to apply
If you would like to apply for a COVID-19 Vaccinations Community Communications grant, please read the grant information and guidance and then complete a Grant Application Form and email it to us email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis until the funding available has been allocated.
If you have any questions, need any help to complete the form or would like to discuss your ideas for a grant application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will get in touch.