Your local Hampshire and Isle of Wight NHS
and Social Care needs you
Opportunities to support the NHS
At a time of crisis and unprecedented, mounting pressure on the NHS, we're looking for local people with a range of skills to join our workforce or to volunteer to help support our patients and staff.
Are you already First Aid trained? Up-to-date with recent competencies? If not, we can provide you with relevant refresher skills training for specific roles.
- doctors and nurses (hospital, intensive care unit trained / experienced, mental health and general practice)
- healthcare assistants
- administrative staff, including customer care, communications and personal assistants
- project managers
- logistics staff
- drivers and
- domestic and catering staff
With roles available in various locations within Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, we've introduced a fast-track system so that you can join us quickly and be part of a team committed to caring for our patients and keeping them and our staff safe over the coming months.
If you're interested and can help in any way, please contact the recruitment team(s) directly using their email address below:
- University Hospital Southampton: COVID19recruitment@uhs.nhs.uk
- Portsmouth Hospitals – this includes roles at Queen Alexandra Hospital and Gosport War Memorial Hospital: HR.Inbox@porthosp.nhs.uk
- Hampshire Hospitals – this includes roles at Andover War Memorial Hospital, Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital and Royal Hampshire County Hospital: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Isle of Wight NHS Trust – for hospital, mental health, community and ambulance services: email@example.com
- Solent NHS Trust – this includes community and mental health services for Southampton and Portsmouth: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust – for community and mental health services across the region: email@example.com
- If you are a GP and interested in patient-facing roles in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, working either in telemedicine, triage, telephone support or direct patient contact in practices, you can read more here. https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/returning-clinicians/
Opportunities in Social Care
At a time of crisis and unprecedented, mounting pressure on Social Care, we need you. We are looking for people with a range of skills and values to join our workforce or to volunteer to help support vulnerable adults across Hampshire, IOW, Portsmouth and Southampton. Whether you are looking for full or part time work, short term or longer term career opportunities are available.
We need you now… if you believe that you have the values to care, whether you have experience or are interested in developing new skills contact us today:
Isle of Wight: firstname.lastname@example.org
To see and hear some examples from those currently working in care, you can find out more about the various job roles that make our social care workforce amazing: https://www.everydayisdifferent.com/social-care-job-roles.aspx
Frequently Asked Questions
I am a former / retired clinician or allied health care professional – how do I get involved?
Please contact our recruitment teams directly using the contact details above or go to the following links at NHS England for more information, including how to apply:
- Returning clinicians https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/returning-clinicians/
- Returning pharmacists and pharmacy technicians https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/returning-clinicians/returning-pharmacists-and-pharmacy-technicians/
- Allied healthcare professionals https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/returning-clinicians/returning-pharmacists-and-pharmacy-technicians/
- Nurses and midwives https://www.nmc.org.uk/news/coronavirus/temporary-registration
I haven’t worked in the NHS before and don’t have any health care experience, can I still register my interest?
Yes, we are interested in talking to people with skills from other sectors and professions, including administration and management. Please contact us to discuss further.
I am still officially employed by my employer but have capacity at this time. Am I eligible?
We are happy to talk to you about your situation, however, we would ask that you also contact your employer first to express your interest in helping us. We have a volunteering scheme which may be more suitable / of interest to you. You can find out more about Hampshire and Isle of Wight Volunteering on
I have previously been registered on the NHS ‘bank’ – can I re-join?
Yes, simply contact one of the Trusts above which will put you in touch with their recruitment bank team who will help locate your details.